Many people are facing a very common issue which is How to set a fossil watch with 3 dials? Being the highest brand of watches in the market, there are numerous models of watches under this brand called Fossil watch. The best thing about fossil manufacturers is that they produce different types of timepieces including chronograph and multifunction.
Different watches have different methods of setting them. The same is the case with fossil watch which has a somewhat different method of setting it as compared to the other watches. This article is going to explain to you how you can adjust your timekeeping with easy steps and procedures.
Different things will be covered in this article including how to set up a fossil chronograph, multifunction, and three-dials watch. You will also be able to find how you can reset your new timepiece. All the things will be helpful in managing your watch.
What are dials?
A part which shows you time is call dial. Every timepiece carries different numbers of dials. Some devices come with three subdials that show day, date, and month respectively. One thing which is increasing the value of the watches is that different manufacturers are doing their best to add something more to the look of the dials.
Many manufacturers are adding many wonderful things to the dials which make them attractive and wonderful. Many of use are using the watches with three sub-dials, and many people do not know how to set a fossil watch with three subdials of date, day, and month. It is not a matter of worry, but below you will discover some best tricks which will help you to tackle with this issue.
What are subdials?
The dials which sit under a watch dial and dials are called subdials. Different functions are inculcated in the sub-dials like tracking minute, hour, a second-time zone, date, and month. Such types of dials are being used in chronographic or multifunction timekeepers.
The look of the watches become more significant with the use of the subdials. The chronographic subdials are called registers. The best thing about the subdials is that they improve the readability by just improving time, seconds, and hours separately.
How to Set a Fossil Watch with 3 Dials
3 Dials are more common in multifunction and chronographic timekeepers. Above-steps can be used to adjust the date in multifunction and chronograph the timepieces with 3 dials. The below-given steps can be used to adjust time and day.
- Set time and day Multifunction fossil watches
- Firstly, pull the crown to the third position.
- Secondly, rotate the crown in clockwise direction.
- Thirdly, rotate twice, and the day will be changed.
- Now, push the crown back to normal position.
Adjust time in chronograph 3 dial watch
- By pulling the crown out to the second position, you can set the date if the chronograph does not have date settings.
- You should pull the crown to the third position, if the chronograph does has a date set.
- The time can be set up by rotating the crown.
- Now, push the crown back to the normal position.
How to set time on a fossil smartwatch
One important thing about the fossil smarttwatch is that it is powered by a wear OS system. You can change the date and time zone on an android smartwatch. Below-given steps can be followed to adjust your smartwatch.
- Steps to adjust up fossil smartwatch
- Swipe the screen down from the top, if you want to adjust the time.
- Go to the settings.
- Swipe left, if there is not any option for setting on the top screen.
- Now, go to system settings.
- Select date and time and set up your time settings.
- Now you can turn on audomatic date and time or automatic time zone.
- You can turn off automatic settings, if you want to manually adjust the time.
- Lastly, adjust the time, date, or time zone manually.
The time format can be set up in the smartwatch, but you need to select the date and time from settings and 24-hour format or 12-hour format.
Fossil watch date setting
It is very simple method. There three types of timepiece including standard, mulatifunction, and chronograph timekeeper. This portion will let you know how you can adjust the date on different types of timekeepers.
Guide to adjust the date in different types of fossil watches
Guide 1: Adjust date on standard fossil timepiece
There are almost two hands and two subdiuals to track second and date in the fossil standard watches. You should pull the crown on the second position and rotate the crown clockwise or anti-clockwise according to the model. After this, push the crown to its normal one position.
Guide 2: Adjust date on the multifunction timekeeper
There are three or two subdials in the multifunction watches. You should pull the crown out to the number two position and rotate it according to the model. After this push the crown to its normal position. Nevertheless, the date will not change on the following day, if you change the date between 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
Guide 3: Adjust date on a chronograph timekeeper
Two styles are very famous in chronograph timepieces. One is with a stopwatch, and the other is with a stopwatch and date both. There are only some chronograph models which allow the date settings. Just pull the out the crown to the second position, following by the clockwise rotation. Now, in the end, pull the crown to its normal position.
How to reset fossil watch to factory setting
All the date of your timekeeper can be erased, if you reset it to the factory setting. One important thing is that the date stored in your Google account will not be affected by a factory reset. It will not reset your phone or tablet. below-given steps can be followed if you want to reset your timepiece.
Steps to reset fossil timekeeper to factory setting
- Press the middle crown to power up the display
- Then again press it to enter the app menu.
- Go to settings
- Select disconnect and reset
- Now click the checkmark which will confirm the factory reset.
- During this process, you should remove the timekeeper from your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
After resetting, you must reconnect the device with your phone again to use it. You can also re-download the applications from the play store just after connecting the timekeeper to your phone.
Stopwatch adjustment in the chronographic timepiece
How to use a stopwatch
- There are two buttons A and B on both sides of the crown, in the chronographic timepiece with a stopwatch.
- Press A button to start/stop stopwatch and control split time
- In some chronographic timepiece, you have to press B to control split time.
- Press the B button to reset the fossil chronographic timekeeper
Adjustment of stopwatch 1/10 second hand
- Pull out the crown to the third position.
- Then press the A button to reset the stopwatch 1/10 second hand to the “0” position.
- With each press of button A, the hands will move one position.
- If you want to move hands quickly, then keep the button pressed.
- To reset the internal circuit, pull out the crown and press both buttons at the same time for two seconds.
- Then release the buttons and 1/10 second hands will return to “0”
- Now, in the end, back the crown back to one position
How to adjust solar-powered watches
It is very rare that some people have solar powered timepiece, but many of us have this watch. The best thing about these watches is that these also come with date settings. The way is quite different through which you can adjust the solar-powered timekeeper.
Adjust time in the solar-powered timepiece
- Pull the crown to the second position when the second hand is at the 12 o’clock position.
- Then rotate the crown to adjust the hour and minute hand.
- Note: you should consider about A.M and P.M while setting the hours and minutes hands to the desired time
- Adjust the hands four to five times ahead of the desired time and then adjust it back to the exact time
- After completing the process, back the crown to its normal position
How to adjust the date?
- Pull out the crown to the number 1 position.
- Then rotate the crown to adjust the date.
- Push the crown back to 1 position
It is very easy to set the time and date. If the date changes at any time then you can advance the hour hand by 12 hours. You must be ensured that the date is not changed between 9:00 P.M and 1:00 AM.
In this article, we have tried our best to make you familiar with settings of the watches. The best thing about the fossil watches is that these watches have the same setting date option just like every watch. The one thing to be considered is that you should think about time while setting the date.