Any smart gadget works efficiently but needs to be charged when necessary, otherwise, its battery will be drained and it will be of no use. In any unfortunate event of not having your charger, you should be aware of various methods which can come in handy.
If you have a Fitbit smartwatch and have a charging problem, there are several ways regarding, How to charge Fitbit without Charger?
Table of Contents
What is Fitbit and How to Charge Fitbit Without Charger?
Fitbit is one of the most well-known fitness trackers on the market, and such tools are easy to use, they offer a quick way to give your a modern look.
But if the Fitbit charging cable isn’t charged, it might cause some problems.
The Fitbit smartwatch has a lot of high-end features, but using all of them at once drains the battery even if you can’t find the charger for your Fitbit watch, you can still keep it running through the different charging process.
There are a number of ways to charge the Fitbit that doesn’t involve a Fitbit charger.
Your wristwatch can be charged using external chargers such as a USB port, an external USB charger, or a USB cable, and a charging port, including those on computers and laptops, from a UL-certified USB wall charger, or from a power bank.
But, many users have been through this difficult situation regarding the charging issue as the company has not launched any replacement cables.
All you need to do is to get a new charger cable.
To free you from all worries, there are various ways to fix this problem!
Let us have a look at some of the options available in the market.
1). External USB Ports
Fitness trackers often have trouble running out of battery life.
If that’s the case, you can use a USB adapter or charging cables on your computer to charge your Fitbit smartwatches.
You can use it to solve problems with how long the battery lasts. In this case, you must learn How Long do Fitbits Last?
Any USB charger or charging clip can be used to charge your Fitbit tracker, even though it won’t charge your tracker quickly, it might be a useful power source.
If the Fitbit versa can’t be charged through the USB type you have, you need to reset the tracker.
There are different steps that come with different devices and also depends on the device you are using.
2). Take Out the Band
Some Fitbit tracker models can be charged when you take them out of their wristbands or clips.
Now, you have to look for a place to plug it in and a way to charge it once you take the band off your wrist.
But, the most crucial part here is the model that you are using.
Moreover, you can also use Google assistance to learn how to effectively charge it in the best manner.
Do keep in mind that these charging cables are different from sync cables.
So, if you are planning to change the cable of your device, it would not sync with your computer.
Also, check the level of the battery to see if it is charging. But the many charging options show that there are different ways to charge Fitbit without charger.
3). Try a different kind of battery
Having gadgets like a computer and a USB port on hand isn’t always useful and can charge devices securely.
Then, it would be helpful to have a battery that can be changed and used again in your Fitbit trackers.
Make sure you remember that only a small number of Fitbit devices have such a battery level that can be changed by the user.
To see if your Fitbit smartwatches makes it easy to change the battery, a 3V CR2025 coin battery is one option for a replacement battery.
So, once you have the battery, you should follow the steps according to the instruction manual.
- Use a fresh battery to power the device.
- Verify that the replacement battery was installed correctly.
- Put a lock on the battery and pair it with your fitness tracker.
4). DIY Fitbit Battery Charger
Carefully cut off the short end of the USB port with the nail clippers. Next, take off the protective covering from the end that is now being exposed.
Get rid of every charging cable except the red and black ones.
The insulation on the red and black wires should be stripped.
Afterward, the wires should be coiled tightly. The black cable can be used to reach the side button on a Fitbit. You can use tape for extra protection.
You can use the Fitbit app on your phone to see how much your Fitbit has charged.
This way, you will not have to touch the configuration and risk messing it up.
The other end of the USB should be plugged into a portable power source.
Do not try this with a laptop or wall charger, because touching the end connectors could cause a short circuit.
Because of this, the battery in the laptop will be damaged.
This plan should only be used in the direst of situations. If there are other options, you should opt for them.
5). External Charger
Sometimes, you might need to bring in a couple of portable battery packs or pack spare external chargers in such a case if can’t find your Fitbit charger and don’t know how to charge your wearable device, you might want to buy a new one.
This is helpful if you accidentally lost your original charger and now you can take advantage of these back-ups and keep an eye on your battery icon.
As a bonus, these adapters can be used anywhere especially where there is a USB port as there are some places where your original Fitbit charge system won’t work because of how the electricity is set up.
If your power source isn’t stable or reliable, it could short out your original charger.
It’s a good idea to bring an extra external charger. By using this backup idea, you won’t break your expensive original charger.
But, if you are not willing to follow this up, think about how much more it will cost to buy a new device if you use such a charger. So, it is a wise investment to use a separate charger.
What Charging Problems Can Occur?
During the charging process, the Fitbit device sometimes starts to malfunction without any particular reason, such as:
- The charging cord wasn’t made by the same company that made the phone.
- The gadgets might not be firmly attached to the port.
- To put it simply, a cheap charging pin won’t work as efficiently as it used to.
- Using a USB port that doesn’t work can also lead to such mishaps.
- Avoid getting your device in contact with water.
- Otherwise, you are not paying attention to its low battery.
- The low-charging light has been flashing for months and you haven’t plugged in with the charging cord for some time.
- One reason could be that you haven’t properly used it yet.
Tips on Charging
If you are interested to make your external USB charger handy or to charge it long while providing accurate information, you might need to look and follow the instructions:
- your computer’s USB adapter or charging cables. Use the charger that came with your Fitbit watch when you need to charge it. Use a charger that works with your battery type to avoid problems in the future.
- Try not to overcharge. If you overcharge the battery, it might not last as long or even break the Fitbit. If you don’t want to overcharge the watch, take it off the charger as soon as it’s fully charged. If you don’t want to damage the battery, don’t let it charge overnight.
- If you let your Fitbit watch charge overnight, the battery may not last as long. It is best to leave your watch plugged in to charge for a few hours before unplugging it.
- Be careful in hot and cold places. Extreme cold or heat can damage your Fitbit functions and shorten the battery life. Don’t leave your watch in direct sunlight or extreme temperatures for a long time.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1). What is Fitbit?
Fitbit is one of the best-known fitness trackers on the market.
These kinds of tools are easy to use and give you a modern look quickly.
But if the Fitbit charging cable isn’t charged, it could cause problems.
2). Can you use External USB Ports for charging your device?
Most fitness trackers have a hard time running out of power.
If that’s the case, you can charge your Fitbit smartwatches on your computer with a USB adapter or charging cables.
You can use it to figure out how to make the battery last longer.
3). How to successfully charge your battery?
For now, you can use the old charger.
- Try not to charge too much.
- Be careful in places that are hot or cold.
- Use a charger made for your type of battery.
- Don’t put your watch out in the sun.
4). How to Use a Replaced Battery?
Once you have the battery, you should do what the instructions say to do.
- Power the device with a new battery.
- Make sure that the new battery was put in correctly.
- Lock the battery in place and connect it to your fitness tracker.
It’s very important to take care of the battery in your Fitbit and How to charge Fitbit without Charger
If you don’t have a charger, there are several other ways to keep your Fitbit running.
You can use a laptop, a portable battery pack, or an external battery charger. You can choose whichever way suits you best because they all work well for fast charging.
To make sure your watch is charged correctly, you must follow the directions and instructions.
But, don’t ever think you won’t need it again. If you think you’ll need to charge your Fitbit before your next long run, keep a cord or a portable charger in your car.
Charger for Fitbit Charger 2
Lost charger and need help finding replacement
Restart without charger